We prioritize dental emergencies here!
Here at Destination Dental, we really prioritize dental emergencies. They are called emergencies for a reason and we will make sure your mouth is taken care of in a timely manner. You can count on us to treat your emergency with urgent care!
Dental emergencies can happen at any time of the day. If your emergency happens after our normal business hours, when you call our office you will be given a separate phone number to call for emergency dental care. Don’t hesitate to call us and don’t wait to get the proper care to save your mouth! Waiting can often make your situation worse.
Help the pain until you see a dentist
Call your dentist and request dental care immediately, even if you are unsure of what is wrong. Here are some few tips to help any pain and swelling until you can be looked at by a dental professional.
- For a knocked-out permanent adult tooth, it is important to keep the tooth moist at all times. Try to place the tooth gently back in its socket or between your check and gums until you get to the dentist office!
- For a cracked tooth, rinse your mouth with warm water immediately. Put a cold ice pack, or something similar, pressed to your face to help with swelling until you can see a dentist!
- If you bite your tongue or lip, gently clean the area with warm water and apply an ice pack in the meantime.
- For toothaches, clean out your mouth with warm water and gently use dental floss to remove any residue and food caught between the teeth. See a dentist immediately before the situation worsens.
- If an object is stuck in your mouth, try to gently remove it with floss only. Do not use sharp objects. If you cannot retrieve it with floss, see a dentist immediately.
You can trust Destination Dental to come to your rescue whenever you are having a dental emergency. We understand the pain it can cause and how much more serious the situation can become if not treated immediately! We are here 24/7 to ensure the best possible care and treatment for your mouth. Leave our office with a smile knowing that we are always here for you!