Dental crowns used to be quite the hassle.
You used to have to get your crown over a period of several visits where you would go through impressions, get a temporary dental crown, need to come back and get another injection, etc.
That’s all over! The same day crown is here! Get strong, beautiful teeth when you need a dental crown in just one appointment!
We use CEREC same day crowns.
What is CEREC? CEREC stands for Ceramic Reconstruction; a sophisticated system using 3D photography and CAD/CAM technology. We can design a virtual dental crown without taking impressions and then create the crown while you are still in the chair.
The CEREC method gives you a dental crown with the color and appearance that matches your natural teeth. Perfectly bonded porcelain ensures an extremely long life for your teeth with maximum strength.
Step by Step Same Day Crowns process
- A 3D image is taken with a very small camera
- Your restoration is created on screen using the data from the camera
- A ceramic crown is created by diamond-coated instruments and polished
- The new crown placed over and bonded to the tooth
- A special light hardens the bonding material
- A final polishing or glazing is performed to give you a smooth, natural feel